Friday, April 1, 2011

Addendum Thing

Forgot to mention my favorite things I learned about (I think that was part of the assignment...)
Anyway, I really liked discovering Goodreads. That thing is awesome. The only bad thing is I'm trying to remember all these books I've read, and so far I've only got about 300 rated. I started keeping track of what I check out from the library sometime last year, and my list is up to 2000. So I definitely need to work on that.
Also, covering some of the research databases was super helpful, as well. I didn't know I could look up things like how many coffee shops are in certain zip codes. I very seldom get reference questions like that, but it's good to know that that resource is available to our patrons. I've been using some of the other databases (like the encyclopedias, journal articles, etc.) for years. I'm glad I have a better knowledge of these services that the library offers.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get bogged down with GoodReads. When I first joined I tried to do the same thing. Not worth it. Just concentrate on what you are reading now and as you come across other books on Listopia or what others have posted, you'll be like "oh yeah, I totally read that one." But then you'll still be current as well. :)

    ReplyDelete